Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Baker and His Wife


The Baker and His Wife
Pompeii, Italy 79 AD 

Il panettiere e la sua moglie
 La montagna è stata rumbling per i giorni -- 
Siete andato andare a prendere alcuni fichi mentre stavo 
producendo il pane, levanteti in piedi improvvisamente 
là prima di me che avete detto - 
Non possiamo farli funzionare non possiamo nasconderci, 
Il mio amore come volete passare i vostri ultimi momenti? 
Il più caro, prenda la mia mano e ponga con me la tenuta voi tenuta me. 
da  joanny
 Fin
 Fresco
Pompeii, Italy, 79 AD 
english version 

The Baker and His Wife
The mountain has been rumbling for days --
You went to fetch some figs while I was making bread,
Suddenly standing there before me, he said –
"We cannot run -- we cannot hide, my love"
"How do you want to spend your last moments?"
"Dearest,", I said, "take my hand and lay with me holding you holding me."
by joanny
Fresco
Pompeii, Italy 79 AD



Last Days - Mt Vesuvius
Pompeii, Italy  79 AD 


Lava Bread/rolls recipe to go with G-Man's Possum dinner.


Make wine-must rolls as follows:
moisten a bushel of wheat flour with wine-must, 
add aniseed, cumin, two pounds of suet, a pound of cheese ,
chopped figs and dates and some grated bay twig; 
after you have shaped them, place them on bay leaves and bake.

buono appetito

fin


This is my offering for Friday Flash 55, hosted by G-Man  Mr. KnowItAll.


photo credits wikipedia commons, photo stock