Wednesday, September 29, 2010

DaDaism Unmasked


    "DaDa is beautiful like the night, 
who cradles the young  day in her arms." - Hans Arp 
   "DADA speaks with you, it is everything, it envelops everything,
it belongs to every religion, can be neither victory or defeat,
it lives in space and not in time." - Francis Picabia
I wrote this poem in the style of 'Laws of Chance" 
DADA
Up confusion rumbling, that broke
worship navel The as his sleep....The
regarded up bourgeois and in
their bourgeois the mighty began
a safe-deposits, Dadaist bells to
his honours The bourgeois so
hot thy each like garden
this upon warm awakens from
your electric worth beast like
absence, shroud, beast each diamonds,
burning beast within With each diamonds,
desire my awakening arcs hot.
This poem I wrote using a free style
of whatever came into my imagination
I wrote down and did not alter my first attempt
albeit it isn't written in French and German.

 Theater of the Mind
I would go to bed thinking of new ways
To let the artistic journey begin
And let passion be my guide
I do not waste time in regret the moments I let slip by
For the dull days make me weep
There in the darkest hour of night find me
Scribbling thoughts deep down in my head
Flying birds flapping wings in the breeze  

Seemingly   chasing their mates
I stop only for a moment to listen to the crazy birds sing
One of them carried a message from God
“You’ve no reason to fear”
“Art is going to sleep so a new world can be born”
DaDA dada da da dadada  da
I wonder is this stranger telling me truth or lies?
There I stood wrapped in enameled skin
Wandering through the corridors of my mind
Consumed by the evenings dreams
 I dared look into the years…
While you were yet just a dream
Where will you be? Will you wait for me?
Stirring the secrets and the dreams
I hurl them to the sky
 Awakened suddenly by
a garland placed upon my head,
I shake my dreams and rise, 
 life is waiting for me to live
for time is passing me by.
Fin

By inaugurating the legendary „Cabaret Voltaire“ on February 5, 1916, Hugo Ball, Emmy Hennings, Hans Arp, Tristan Tzara and Marcel Janco founded the most important art movement ever to originate in Zurich: the Zurich Dadaism. From the house at Spiegelgasse 1 Dada started its journey into the world – launching an international cultural revolution.
 These literary figures were interested in sound, nonsense,  and "Laws of Chance" poetry. This did spill out into the visual art field in the form of automatic drawing and the allowance of "Laws of Chance" and the absurd to infiltrate too.

The Dada movement claimed to be “anti-art” and had a strong destructive and negative element. It was a rejection of tradition and the seeking of complete freedom from past traditions.   Also, like the Cubists, they had an interest in letter forms as concrete visual shapes. Letters were not just phonetic symbols.The art of photo-montage was said to originate from this same movement.
 fin

you will find other poets and their prose on the two links below.

One Stop Poetry    


    imperfect prose on thursdays-


This is also for, “The world I want for my children," an effort to support The Joyful Heart Foundation, which was founded by Law & Order: SVU actress Mariska Hargitay to help victims of sexual assault mend their minds, bodies and spirits and reclaim their lives. Today, the foundation is at the forefront of an effort to end a disheartening backlog of tens of thousands of rape kits in labs across the country, a backlog that contributes to a rapist’s 80 percent chance of getting away with his crime. The backlog and its detrimental effects will be the topic of an SVU episode on September 29th.

Joyful Heart Foundation The Joyful Heart Foundation works to foster a community that turns toward the issues of sexual assault, domestic violence and child abuse. Such a community, empowered with knowledge, courage and compassion, can support survivors of this violence and engage in an open dialogue about how to collaboratively end the cycle of violence and abuse. We invite you to read our story here and join our joyful community.