Thursday, September 9, 2010

Haunting Beauty!

 Come evening, my silent rendezvous,
raising my eyes toward the celestial sky,
I gaze into the night, to find the moon
encased in sublime velvet
silently moving across the heavens,
that I be intrepid to wonder in awe.
Deeper into the night,
the moon lights up half the room,
while a soundless whisper from the wind
dances with the candle 
casting deep shadows on the wall.
In their simplicity, 
with every passing breeze,
the leaves swirl and dance about
in the garden and back again
and all along the road.

The blueness of the winds sharp breath
enters my chamber
without permission and penetrates
the deep strata of my soul exposing
the naked and raw fastened from a fragile fabric
ephemeral -the fear -the loneliness -the pain,
shielding the beauty that hides inside.
The aroma of the night air fills me
with a compelling desire suddenly
I give way to the seduction that
surrounds and sequester my senses.

Alive with pulsing energy through my veins,
I sway to breath's rhythm and dance
to the beat of my heart, 
racing through the woods,
upon entering holy ground,
I take off my shoes,
and enter the autumn water!
 Stars float in infinite space 
and my thoughts
collide into the one universe
where dreams meet reality,
tears of joy pour forth
falling like mighty rain
as kundalini unleashed 
bursting open the petals. 

Brighten with pure light
the water and the soul,
exuding ecstasy within 
explodes in liquid brilliance.
Blessings pour forth 
from a celestial mind, gone now,
are the endless dust-storm of troubles,
and the peccadilloes of my soul.
 

 Fin

In Immortal Beloved,1994, 
the film about Ludwig van Beethoven, 
there is one scene of such power 
and haunting beauty, 
it captured my imagination,
and spoke to my soul.
I promise you it will stay 
with you forever.
While you are watching 

this short 4 minute clip, 
it is art at its most dynamic, 
invites us to dream,
to  live outside ourselves, 
and go beyond and dream even greater
 

THURSDAY POETS RALLY POEM

photos NASA, rodney smith, piano, anna shishkina, tumblr, cello, Jean Claude-Dresse

33 comments:

  1. love these images, especially the one with Cello,
    the beauty is indeed haunting and moving!

    Thanks for the contribution,
    I enjoy your company as always and feel very excited to have you in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your taste for beauty,
    your wording for your poetry are very extraordinary...

    Thanks for the tour of excellence, love, and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I was reading this I was saying to myself this reminds me so much of Immortal Beloved and there you go. i love that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stars float in infinite space
    and my thoughts
    collide into the one universe
    where dreams meet reality,
    tears of joy pour forth
    falling like mighty rain
    as kundalini unleashed
    bursting open the petals.

    Very philosphical and full of imotions--your evry word is well composed and expressive.
    Hemant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful music, beautifully described.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breath-taking...and I stole your "Adopt a pet" image. Hope that's OK. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, melodic poem...you have a wonderful classical style, Joanny. And the photographs are marvellous, as ever.

    And In Immortal Beloved sounds like an amazing film, it must have been to inspire such an amazing poem. I'll certainly be watching it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Joanny

    This is really....FANTASTIC
    my compliments for this work.

    greetings, Joop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alovely combination og wonderful words and pictures and that video at the end is aawesome.
    I love classical music ,well I love all music but I was brought up learning classical music.

    Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joanny,
    You could write words to music like Larry Hart w/ Rogers. Even Cole Porter. There is such soul in the writing it should be put to music. I was thinking of Immortal Beloved at the beginng.

    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such passion in your words-- you communicate the emotion beautifully-- nicely done!
    http://mairmusic.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is amazing Joanny dear!
    I love it all and the connection with Beetoven

    I love your posts also for all those images you put every few lines
    Great , just great. Love in the air so transparent and real...:)

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed everything about your post--words, images, and video. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vivid piece...love how your imagery dances around in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the imagery of this evocative poem.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful words and images, absolutely haunting beauty :D Happy Rally my friend^^~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very evocative and deep.. Complete with awe-inspiring images..

    Wonderful words..
    Loads of wishes
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  18. My comment disappeared into another reality.
    I said:

    Words and images beautifully blended.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Third try:

    Words and images beautifully blended.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the rhythm and the photos. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't find proper words, you do it so easly -beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow!....deeply sweet. I was left to imagine all through my read...btw, what is "kundalini"? this is the second time I've seen you use this word.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. magnificent joanny...you wrapped this so nicely around the music..though often your words are lyrical...

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW and wow factor! Everything happens at night, right? It's just so much more mystical and truly another realm of being. There has always been the recurring element of water in my dreams, so that part really stood out to me. I love the angel dust filling the air around the cello! Lovely :0

    ReplyDelete
  25. Enchanting....sending me off to dreams

    ReplyDelete
  26. Joanny, I love the haunting beauty of that black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This could've been a 10thDoM entry... cough, cough...

    Ah, well. Too late now. But next time!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lifting thoughts which are deeper than any night into light.

    How did you know about me birthday ? Please have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I felt like I was transformed to another world, another dimension as I read your poem. Your words were so beautiful, and such lovely imagery. You have great talent with words!

    ReplyDelete