Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dance of Fire - El amor Brujo



El amor brujo a ballet by composer Manuel de Fallaa worthy tale of love, madness and the supernatural, and Saura and Gades' heavily stylized settings work beautifully to create a fantastic tone. ( see below poem for synopsis and you tube fire dance. Hope you take the time to watch them dance it is only 2 minutes, ) Poem created for Poets Rally  link is here: Thursday Poets Rally week 25 - jingle
 

Ritual Fire Dance
As I lay here on my back in the dark
 with my lover by my side.
Shadows moving across the ceiling
 moments before I drift into the dream of night.
As I slip into this realm, visions come dancing in my head.
I hear your voice call my name, thoughts come 

streaming into my mind
leading me back and forth though time.

Memories of you pierce my heart,
tears come down my cheeks,
wishing I never learned to weep.
As I wake to the morning light,
I see you there in my lovers eyes.
The fire is dancing tonight, lover of my dream time,
take my hand let's dance, cling close to my breast, 

to share in the mystery, of the fire dance.
Tremulous embers glowing, in blue, rose, and gold,
with unquenchable flames of desire.
Gypsies gather round keeping beat,
while the fire rages on.
Feeling the intensity of the heat
imagination running wild, feeling as free as a child.

Lovers Dancing, swirling, spinning,
a fusion of radiant colors, on a phosphorous night,
moving close to the transforming fires.
Hypnotized by the rhythm of the dance,
luring her dream time lover
into the red mist, vanishing him forever.
Carmelo and Candela watch on in raptured bliss,

 fin

all images from el amor brujo found on google,, gypsy woman image also found on google


 

Synopsis
El amor brujo is the story of a young Andalusian gypsy girl called Candela. Candela falls in love with a man called Carmelo, after her unfaithful husband, whom she had been forced to marry, had died. The dead husband's ghost returns to haunt Candela and Carmelo. To rid them of the ghost, all the gypsies make a large circle around their campfire at midnight. In this circle Candela performs the Ritual Fire Dance. This causes the ghost to appear, with whom she then dances. As they whirl around faster and faster, the magic of the fire dance causes the ghost to be drawn into the fire, making it vanish forever.

23 comments:

  1. excellent,
    hoe cute and stunning your post is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. tq for sharing joanny-- very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. joanny, you write so well. i know you've already linked this, but if you wanted to join up with our imperfect prose community today, i think this would really fit... love to you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most impressive, really enjoyed the post.

    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic poem, and the video helped to put the whole story into perspective for me too. Very passionate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good lord i love your fantasy stories and poems. Am like a gypsy myself so this hits close to home and...these lines spoke to my soul;

    "The fire is dancing tonight, lover of my dream time,
    take my hand let's dance, cling close to my breast,
    to share in the mystery, of the fire dance."

    I love dancing as a gypsy spirit and all..
    Amazing write my dear Joanny ~

    Wild Rose~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressive piece I enjoyed it!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the images and the poem. very sensual indeed

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am dancing with you joanny... your words are like music here. =)

    http://pinklady-bing.blogspot.com/2010/07/note-to-my-child.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the dance! I enjoy the energy and passion. - Bill

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the musical poem and the dance! very passionate :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How thrilling! What a tale!

    Tremulous embers glowing, in blue, rose, and gold,
    with unquenchable flames of desire


    Beautiful imagery!

    Thank you for your beautiful comments at my site.

    Rhyme on!

    Tim Keeton
    (Undead)Poet / Wizard / Teller-of-tales

    ReplyDelete
  13. another lovely piece once again, beautiful images and strong words, thank for sharing such a wonderful poem XD

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am utterly delighted by the original juxtaposition of poem and photographs . . . and the perfect close with El amor brujo, which I happen to love . . . fine work, Joanny. Thank you! Happy Rally days ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great story to write in your own words. The images flowing with the pacing of your piece, I love how you leave things up for interpretation instead of giving them to your audience. "Luring her dream time lover/ into the red mist, vanishing him forever" is an example of that. Your talent shines more magical than the firs you write about. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. An excellent synopsis! You have summarized it in such a lovely fashion here, and with style! The passion flows thru' your words, like I were doing the dance myself ..
    The vividness in your poem is exquisite!
    Brilliant !

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow superb friend, loved this, and thanks for visiting me xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG! WHAT A PIECE JOANNY! i am in awe..! this is very well written..i felt the mad pulse running in my veins reading it and your images are perfect! just so touched..i agree with all and @wild rose ..i meet you there..in those lines i felt them striking in my heart..AWESOME! joanny..i m loving it! rereading..love&hugs dear :)keep writing those breathtaking flows!
    cheers!
    Desert rose

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! beautiful poem n great images...fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your posts are always so great; enjoyed this one in both verse and imagery.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful poem! I really enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete