Thursday, October 7, 2010

Visions of Ourselves! (Mag 35)

A walk along the forest path, nay a sound,
but a creaking tree,
awakens old memories within me.
When the leaves quietly fall from the trees, 
floating softly to the ground, my heart is silenced by the pain 
of living without  you. 

The trees rustling in the breeze seem to whisper, 
do not pity the leaves that blow away,
for “Decayed literature makes the richest of all soil”, 
 Grieve instead for the heart that does not see its beauty 
for like the leaves it is fallen beyond repair.
For what on earth can our lives be liken?  
If not for the beauty we see and the love we share.
The forest shrouded in the morning mist, 
seems to be weeping, shedding leaf after leaf,
An owl heard overhead screeching, 
sits perched high above 
on natures “proverbial limb” vainly echo’s my thoughts,
For in plain view is the crossroads where we do part. 
My heart aches to see you once again
but I know you are out of my reach,
I don’t dare linger here but one last glance into the past
Oh that sweet journey now turned melancholy autumn, 
faded and silent before my eyes,
I turn around now and walk to the future
with a trusting heart that spring time will soon be here.
fin 
Inspired by Willow's photo image #2 Magpie Tales 35  
click to visit their sites for other poems & prose.

 Visions of Ourselves

A walk along the forest path, nay a sound, 
but a creaking tree, awakens old memories within me.
When the leaves quietly fall from the trees, 
floating softly to the ground, my heart is silenced 
by the pain of living without you.  

The trees rustling in the breeze seem to whisper, 
do not pity the leaves that blow away, 
for “Decayed literature makes the richest of all soil”,
 
Grieve instead for the heart that does not see its beauty
for like the leaves it is fallen beyond repair.
For what on earth can our lives be liken? 
If not for the beauty we see and the love we share.

The forest shrouded in the morning mist,
seems to be weeping, shedding leaf after leaf,
An owl heard overhead screeching, 

sits perched high above on natures “proverbial limb”
vainly echo’s my thoughts,
for in plain view is the crossroads where we do part. 

My heart aches to see you once again
but I know you are out of my reach,
I don’t dare linger here but one last glance into the past
– oh that sweet journey 
now turned melancholy autumn,
faded and silent before my eyes,
I turn around now and walk to the future
with a trusting heart
that spring time will soon be here.
fin 

quote :"Decayed literature makes the richest of all soil”,Early spring in Massachusetts: from the journals of Henry David Thoreau  By Henry David Thoreau, p.149
photo credits # 2 Willow -Magpie Tales 35, owl-tumblr, 5 & 6 woman in tree-rodney smith,
 

48 comments:

  1. I can well relate to this,

    A beautiful poem blending Autumn and the longing to see someone again.

    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanny this was so beautiful to read & visually beautiful too. I really enjoyed this ... Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bittersweet fall loveliness! The girl in the tree image is fabulous. I've missed your wonderful pairing of words and images, Joanny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very interesting blog, please visit my blog too ... thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures that accompany your poem and the hope of spring in that sprightly dance by the yellow chick!

    A Paradise of Spring

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful write joanny...i dont ever want to fall into those that can not see...i need to g find a tree to climb...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the poetry and photos. The duckling shot is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful written, when we miss someone, but there will be spring again..
    Beautiful pictures of fall Joanny.
    Greetings, Berit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Joanny

    Thats a beautiful serie photo's, colors, compositions and light are great.

    My compliments, i like your blog very much.

    warm greetings, Joop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Autumn and what it represents when it comes to those we love ~ and lose. Your Magpie is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this was gorgeous
    and full of longing
    so well written
    and I thank you for it

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhh Joanny, this is soo sweet..great pictures! you always take me with you on your amazing trips! i love it darling..missed you joanny :) big hug and lots of love your way sweet one :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i turn around to the future...loved this - so important to face what lies ahead of us..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joanny,
    It's really very sweet memorable and heart touching poetry---After a week it was nice to read you.
    Best Wishes.
    Hemant

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful poem. I really love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. where's a tree to climb into? Lovely poem Joanny!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you are a great writer. Love your pictures as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Fallen beyond repair"...how poignant..a magical work!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was up in my flowering crab this AM giving it a bit of a pruning.Careful not to cut off the limbs I was balancing on ...
    :)

    your longing for love lost touched me my friend. It is a sorrowful journey, but looking to the future is the only way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. When I was in my 'isolation' period, I'd climb a tree--on the farm we had LOTS of them!--and just hide up there!

    NOW I'd just like to climb one--palms are difficult though--grin! And I'd shout loudly "Hello World, I LOVE you!"

    OFF TOPIC NOTE: There has GOT to be money somewhere for an operation which would restore sight (for your friend) maybe a computer search for foundations, or through Perkins. Every large city has sightless-type organizations.

    You're a FINE writer, Joanny-in-Oregon!
    Peace!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh joanny... i pray i have the strength to see the beauty in the fallen... in the needing repair. i pray i can be strong enough for that. thank you for this incredible challenge. i'm so glad you linked. e.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The photographs fit so well to your beautiful poem. And the melancholy of a love once there and now gone.

    Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The part about walking into tomorrow with a trusting heart and then the chick image...I was melting!! I can only image what a walk in the park with you would actually be like :) Your local friends are lucky! XO, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  24. I luv the pix, especially the one with the duckling.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Joanny,
    Thank you very much for your nice comment in my blog.
    I'm not so clever with words, so pictures are my words.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend.
    Warm hug to you.

    Berit.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Quite beautiful, hopeful and profound...
    and I totally lost all control when I saw that duckling taking a giant step :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. "I turn around now and walk to the future
    with a trusting heart
    that spring time will soon be here."

    So you end with hope and trust. The only way to live. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The poem is so soft...and I can feel the autumn all around...both physically and mentally. And it makes me sad and leaves me longing for the spring. Just lovely, Joanny!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Perfect for my mood...beautiful. Merci Joanny!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Superb and thoughtful...I felt the passion and share the sense this poem portrayed...I love the quote you added to the poetry...outstanding overall.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  31. "My heart aches to see you once again
    but I know you are out of my reach",

    That was such a beautiful piece...and the pictures added to its beauty..
    That picture of the duckling was amazing.
    This really touched me...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Melancholy autumn, yes, that's my thoughts, too.

    Loved the line, "Decayed literature makes the richest of all soil" -- is that a quote from someone else? It fit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  33. "...the pain of living without you/
    ...I turn around now and walk to the future
    with a trusting heart
    that spring time will soon be here."

    How soon Jonny?
    I am waiting...still waiting!
    Compliments

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ah, Joanny: All the pictures here want me to run to those places. I want to climb a tree and sit there till eternity. Is the white bird an owl? It looks cross with something but its feathers look so fine and pure.

    I loved this post. It was a wholesome combination of words and sights.

    I wish you a wonderful weekend.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  35. It is the hardest thing missing someone, you put this achingly beautiful, Joanny. Thank you for reminding of springs to come.

    And wonderful photo choices!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wonderful words and so profound... I guess it's only our perception of things that make them beautiful all the way to our soul, and then be able to create such beautiful things you've done so well here!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Stunning post! The photography and poetic words are achingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  38. what magical walk,
    very beautiful and breath taking..
    your images are always artistic and impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  39. October, May of autumn.

    May it provide you only wonderful things.


    daily athens

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is so melancholic, Joanny. And lovely. It fits my mood, somehow.

    www.angiemuresan.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I really do love your words and the imagery they invoke. I hope spring is always in your heart, Joanny.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Joany,
    We've been apart to long, what a beautiful reunion poem, and about my favorite of seasons.
    rel

    ReplyDelete