Monday, October 25, 2010

Unguarded Moments - Mag 37

Outside stands the dark of night, 
a sexless lamppost dances 
in the mirror world of the water
gathered at its base, 
the bare branches of an old oak tree 
sways in the wind
to a perceptible movement of a wave 
of  wet damp air that breaks in and fills my lungs,
I am caught naked in an unguarded moment, 
the devil enters the chambers of my mind uninvited.
Like a wild animal being hunted as prey,
I toss and turn in my sleep, 
dreams of you are all I know.
In this dim light I  search every face, 
with your image fashioned in my mind,
 
A thousand possibilities stand outside
the darkness of my thoughts,
no one knows these dreams of mine, 
I carry my nemesis within me
  Bitter tears I have shed 
Yearning for your warm embrace, 
longing for you to come back to me,
My friends tell me 
-In time, this experience will fade, 
So in the end who was to blame?
An answer swiftly comes,
it is time to let go and move on. 

 UNGUARDED MOMENTS


 Outside my open window a sexless lamppost dances
in the mirror world  of the water gathered at its base,
the bare branches of an old oak  tree 
sways in the wind  to a perceptible  movement of a wave of  wet damp air
that breaks in and fills my  room , 
I am caught naked in an unguarded moment, 
the devil enters my chambers  uninvited.

Like a wild animal being hunted as prey, 
I toss and turn in my sleep,
dreams of you are all I know,
in this dim light I search every face, 
with your image fashioned in my mind,
A thousand possibilities stand outside the darkness of my thoughts, 
no one knows these dreams of mine, I carry my nemesis within me.

Bitter tears I have shed yearning for your warm embrace
longing for you to come back to me, 
my friends tell me -
In time, this experience will fade, 
So in the end who was to blame? 
An answer swiftly comes,
it is time to let go and move on. 
Fin
photo credits:  ffffound #1 barbara cole; #2 fffound unkn;#3, 4, 5, 6, ffffound tim walker; # 7 tess kincaid aka Willow


29 comments:

  1. Joanny- what an amazing poem. Bravissimo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanny, this is a beautiful poem, and it makes me sad. Very moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so exposed and I may need to sleep with one eye open ;) The images are quite amazing...esp the one with the giant portrait over the lady in blue. Compelling and spectacular as usual. Just like I've been to a show!

    Have a great week!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Joanny

    evertime i enjoy to see these nice pictures, your blog is superb.

    Greetings, Joop

    ReplyDelete
  5. The image of the "sexless lamppost" is indeed unique. Moving on is better said than done but then there is time which helps with everything within. Life goes on . . .

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanny,

    This was a beautiful and sad poem. Beautiful pictures too, and I especially like the girl looking in to the mirror.

    Wishing you a nice day, and thanks for nice comments in my blog.

    Berit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the atmosphere on the pictures corresponding with the poem.
    Thank you very much for your always nice comments on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice write joanny...a rather haunting verse...letting go is so hard to do but there is freedom on the other side...

    ReplyDelete
  9. soo Amazing Joanne! your imagery is beautiful and i have been trying to pick up favorite lines but its a hard task! you are just out of the world..too beautiful Joanny!

    sweet hugs darling
    love..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. time to let go and move on..loved this joanny..not always easy though
    enjoyed once more the fantastic pics that underline the words

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very engaging. Nicely married up with the pictures, like a story book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This reminds me, for some reason, of The Masque of the Red Death.

    Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. insightful words.
    beautiful highlight of sad reality.

    masterful imagery,
    well constructed work...
    Happy Tuesday!
    Thanks for the correction of my romance poem.
    cheers!
    u rock!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Y'know, this reads like the anatomy of a broken relationship, dissected and laid bare. The aftermath is never pretty, is it? Fantastic read, Joanny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so well written joanny.

    feeling the loss of someone, and then letting them go is so very difficult.

    I carried a space in my heart for the old relationship, just as special quiet place. i couldn't totally eradicate it from my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your fantasy poetry Joanny like taking a walk through a dream...so need in this crazy world of reality....blessings...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved how you played with your words.Nice Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI Joanny, incredible imagery, I love your taste in photos, the words are just as wonderful. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, Joanny!
    Best regards from Romania!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wasn't sure where this one would go, and enjoyed the verse as it kept me guessing. Nicely done Joanny.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joanny,
    It's really very emotional and heart touching poetry in very simple words.Nice and attractive.
    Best wishes.
    Hemant

    ReplyDelete
  22. You never stop to amaze me - Nr 2 is my favorite this time - I love the reflections - Well done

    ReplyDelete
  23. Luvs!! Red Riding Hood is my fav!

    I would like to invite you to join my **Interactive Halloween Party**, come, come, I promise I won't bite, I'm not a vampire... or am I ...? eery music....

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are such a beautiful writer. This poem is amazing and, of course, the pictures compliment it in such a wonderful way. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. How strange and beautiful, like pieces of a dream that fade like fog upon waking but the dream feeling lingers.

    With incredible photos, as usual, Joanny.

    You always take me far away with your writing and I love that!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/10/31/halloween-party-at-jingle-poetry-monday-poetry-potluck-tomorrow/

    Happy Halloween to you.
    Hope to see you at our poetry potluck Halloween party tonight. Post a poem on Halloween, or share an old poem unrelated to the theme, link in as soon as we are open, that’s how you get the best result of feedback.
    Feel free to take any awards from this post, enjoy!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete