Saturday, October 23, 2010

Painting is Poetry is Painting!

Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, 
& Poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen. 
~Leonardo da Vinci
 I curiously watch a spider crawl up my leg
How is it you still do not have wings?
 Wouldn’t you like to fly?

 As free as the hawk?   
 With one stroke I dust him away.

 Brush away the spider 
Darn little creepy crawly thing
It bit me any way!
There’s nothing more to do, except to say, come play 
photo credits; #1 smashingmagazine, #2, 4, 9 rodneysmith, #3, 5, 6,joanny, # 8 fffound


  1. OMG - These are just beautiful work - My favorite is the first one - I think it's stunning - Well done

  2. I didn't know da Vinci said this. Interesting! The firt picture is my favourite-great!

  3. A lot nice pictures Joanny, again my compliments for that.

    Greetings and the whishes for a lovely sunday.


  4. I have always loved that quote from Da Vinci. Eventhough it is set in prose, it is poetry. There is always a raw passion that comes across in your pictures and words. An unleash of the vital forces of nature in sync with the human sensibilities.

    I always await your picture-posts-poems.

    Joy always,

  5. It’s always a pleasure
    to see such a Wonderful Work
    good creations

  6. how serene just to watch him climb, undisturbed...imagine the confusion after getting brushed away...hey wait a second, i was just...

    my 160

  7. Great blog, pictures and texts!! Just love it! :-)

  8. Great blog, pictures and texts. I really love it!!

  9. Perhaps we cannot fly either... yet we weave incessantly...

    Perhaps we are more like the spider than we wish to admit.

  10. O Dear!What a naughty spider that was!

    Spider bites can be poisonous. Be careful!

  11. What a pleasure your work is to read. Creative and clever. (I found it on the Poets United blogroll.)

  12. The spider bit you? I've never been bitten by a spider. Spiders are my friends.

    Love the DaVinci quote.

  13. agree,

    lovely word play.
    apt 160.

  14. It's a pleasure to visit your blog Joanny. So much beauty in words and pictures.
    I must say I've fallen for the first picture here, beautiful colors and creation.

    Wishing you a nice week:)

    Greetings from Berit.

  15. This is wonderful! I love the DaVinci quote -- it sets the stage nicely for what follows.

  16. This is breathtaking work - a lovely 160! I would perhaps quibble with da Vinci inasmuch as to say that the best paintings are felt as well as seen, and the best poems, seen as well as felt...

  17. I found you via Monkey Man. Your gorgeous images, especially the close up of the spider and quote made me sigh and smile*!*

  18. I love how you integrate visual art with poetry. Nicely done, Joanny.

  19. Fun thoughts and great images--not so many brave enough to just sit and watch a crawler on the leg...

  20. Great images tied together by the string of words... love it.

  21. every visit to your blog is a delightful experience, joanny. i had fun reading this post. lovely as always!

  22. Oh man, I kept looking for the spider on her leg in the picture (I am VERY literal). Ick! Great post though! As always I love the pictures (aside the buggy ones). :)

  23. So beautiful! All I would have been able to compose is a hissy fit.