Monday, October 18, 2010

The Uninvited - mag 36


My consciousness emerges
from the night and awakens 
to the morning light 
streaming in through my window 
the light that woke me up
disturbed my dreams,


A  modest wish--
I long to remain –
to linger a little while longer,
caught in between worlds,
the place where one is 
not yet fully awake,
barely a toehold
in my dream-scape. 
Drifting in its currents
I try and translate the images but now only 
see with eyes of this world, fleeting thoughts 
of endless possibilities playing in my head
Ideas which I toy with 
and create out of curiosity and wonder,
slipping away as  the light
draws me further into the day, 
casting its net around me
anchoring me in 
this world of experience
Eyes wide open, 
mesmerized by the light stream
I try and get my
bearings in this day, 
to this hour,
The familiar landscape 
of this world of reality, 
my senses reaching 
out towards the new day, 
I search in the light for the variations 
of the changing images
that translate into 
the language of the senses  
which bears my name 
and gives meaning to my life.
fin

Tweedledum and Tweedledee  could not decide but will go for it for there are many great writers for post on
 the 10DOM muse, hosted and created by Jeff

poem below without photo's

The Uninvited

My consciousness emerges from the night
and awakens to the morning light streaming in 
through my window
the light that woke me up - 
disturbed my dreams.
A modest wish-- I long to remain –
to linger a little while longer,
caught in between worlds, the place where 
one is not  yet fully awake,
barely a toehold in my dream-scape, 
drifting in its currents 
I try and translate the images 
but now only see 
with eyes of this world,
fleeting thoughts of endless possibilities 
playing in my head --
ideas which I toy with and create 
out of curiosity and wonder, 
slipping away as the light draws me further into the day,
casting its net around me
anchoring me in this world of experience – 
eyes wide open,  mesmerized by the light stream, 
I try and get my bearings in  this day, to this hour, 
the familiar landscape of this world of reality, 
my senses reaching out towards the new day, 
I search in the light for the variations 
of the changing images that 
translate into the language of the senses  
which bears my name and
gives meaning to my life.
           fin

photo credits: 1stBbrabourne Farm, 2nd Willows From Magpie Tale #36, 4 & 5 ffffound 6 &7tumblr, 8 Voque, Anoush Abraram

40 comments:

  1. Surreal as only dreams can be. Wonderful read! Both with and without the wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece, artistically tied from words to pictures.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Joanny

    this is really BEAUTIFUL,
    your great..my compliments for this nice work.

    Have a nice day.

    warm greetings, Joop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poem from you Joanny, and pictures too.

    Wishing you a nice day:)

    Berit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing post which blurred dream and reality into one cohesive whole. I like the way your mind works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was really quite beautiful Joanny! The imagery & words compliment each other to make a lovely reading experience. Very good Magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have captured the elusive moment of waking up from dreaming...one foot in each world
    beautifully
    I had such a dream that stayed with me most of the day wanting to lie down to enter back into it...but we can't

    ReplyDelete
  8. My best thoughts come in that lovely space between worlds. Beautiful thoughts, Joanny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I come back today...This post is special!
    Thank you, Joanny!
    My compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is what you didn't want to link to 10thDoM?

    What's wrong with it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joanny...what you do here with both words and images is pure magic...lovely

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joanny, that is so beautiful. I had a dream and was starting to wake up , I wanted to finish the dream. It had my Dad in it. That is an erie feeling, a twlight zone..
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely glimpse into that ethereal place where dreams images linger until a gust of reality blows them away. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful poem of dreamland slipping form your mind as the new day takes over.
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I rely on the language of my senses too.

    As always, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning. This so took my back, surprisingly, to my days living back in New Orleans. I felt as if I were there.

    Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  17. my goodness, your images have left me speechless.

    I am highly impressed by your taste of art...
    If I ever overlook you, because I am too busy and occupied with too many other stuff in my brain.

    welcome to potluck and Poets Rally any time.
    enjoyed your contribution so much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful place to be in that dream state, i love the serenity in it always so peaceful and your images rock darling. Am currently out of the country so will catch up as soon as am able to :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a total dreamer, I am, I'm not a morning person and I love to sleep in. You put it SO much more eloquently in this post :) I'm so headed there now...

    Have a restful night!

    XO,

    Kel

    ReplyDelete
  20. 'fleeting thoughts of endless possibilities' is such good imagery to convey this state of consciousness, Joanny. I can see this writ large on my grand-daughter's face as she wakes and tries to get her bearings.

    Leaves such a delicious floating feeling. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joanny:

    This post looked hazy (in a metaphorical sense) as it spoke of haziness and surrealness. The moments between waking up and a full conscious was captured tactfully here. Sometimes those moments are the hardest to describe but you have done it exceptionally well. After reading this and looking at the pictures, I feel dreamy and smokey. As Julie remarks: "delious floating feeling."

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved this and the images are beautiful, a real expereince to read :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for your visit, Joanny. What you read was my Magpie Tale. My 10DoM for the 'Confession' muse is the next story on my blog. I have entered it in the 10DoM linky.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the transitional pictures in the top part of the post, especially the reference to light, as Beckett says,
    “Yes, light, there is no other word for it.”

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love to wake up in the room on the first picture! Pretty

    ReplyDelete
  26. very nice joanny...you mean now i gotta compete with you over at 10DOM too...groan...smiles. stiff competition these days...

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love those moments between unconsciousness and wakefulness. Especially if there's a warm body beside you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So beautiful Joanny....and I love the combination of photographs....xv

    ReplyDelete
  29. This was awesome and the last three lines put it to bed....nice one, Joanny.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That IS the moment where we are more with ourselves than ever ...and everything is fine... and you are in between staying or getting up and have another go to everyday stuff.
    That's a moment to create masterpieces like this one
    Love the pics- always!
    Great magpie Joanny!

    ;)

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Funny, as fantastic as the images are, I enjoyed reading just the poem and letting my mind generate the colors.

    Thanks Joanny.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are doing magic with light - very well done

    ReplyDelete
  33. That between place is one which is ever illusive.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I really like the visual component of this. The photos tie the reader to reality - to the world of being awake - just as your beautiful words create the more ethereal feeling found in dreams. Very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  35. i can feel the words...
    they no longer are text...but they envelope me in that fog of dream and light...

    your crafting has done that Joanny!

    sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. it went deep. beautiful piece

    ReplyDelete
  37. great bit of easy, floating poetry

    ReplyDelete
  38. You have captured that ambiguous in-between state beautifully ... with all its wonder, magic, and frustration.

    Thanks, Joanny, for another transporting post.

    ReplyDelete