Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sweet Sensations

 
The full moon parts while the suns arising
giving way to a new dawn.
My body is stirring in the soft morning light
I awake from a dream to found my senses are filled
with the sweet scent of summer 
carried on a warm summer breeze.




My long flowing hair is damp from the fragrant morning mist,
smelling like the morning dew,
I trail off remembering this dream of mine
slowly waking me to my passion rising
the scent of a far off lover
and the taste of his warm lips still lingering on mine.
A butterfly dances by my bed and whispers a sweet song
"Come close - draw near,"
"Come join us and drink deep
the rich amber-colored nectar of life
to help mend your broken dreams.

Let's go running' on the back of the wind
we will take you to places that you've never been,
where the sun is beyond the mountain glow,


There you are boundless and free
you can enjoy a grander sight

Listen to the sound of the sweet music 
and dance with ten thousand butterflies in flight
till the first rays of the soft moonlight.

Fin


It’s time for “Outdoor Wednesday”. Learn more about “Outdoor Wednesday” HERE
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_c5cqZhJHQ4M/SWb64N1sVsI/AAAAAAAAAYM/D7b2hKXyxAk/Outdoor%20Wednesday%20logo_thumb%5B2%5D.png?imgmax=800

images from
http://www.petercallesen.com/ 
http://www.sublackwell.co.uk/profile/    ( the last four images from the sue blackwell collection)


24 comments:

  1. An excellent poem, so pleasurable to read.

    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your ability of finding appropriate and artistic photos ... going with the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pairing of words and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply amazing, Joanny. Your words are like music, your poetry is a delight and a joy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely poem. I concur with Peter’s comment regarding your images and poetry. It always amazes me when I see the images and poetry and have combined.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. wicked cool pairing of your words and hte pictures...butterflies are so magical to me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. magical post.
    thank you for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The words and illustrations are simply ravishing..here's to beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was so delightful to read ... just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Joanny, I think I like this poem the very best. Such light hearted romance the butterflys were sooo beautiful. Makes me want to dance in the rain..
    or drink Razz/lemonade and berry pie.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yvonne at LaPetite Gallery told me this made her feel so happy (she's having a bit of foot trouble)...& told me to rush over and have a read. So beautiful, I agree with everyone. You have been blessed with a wonderful gift, Joanny, and we are blessed to know you. xx's

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful post -- a wonderful blending of words and images; thank you!

    And best wishes to your sick doggy! I hope all's well very soon ... sick doggies are sad indeed!

    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful-I love your photos with the text. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such enchanting images, I adore that second last one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So creative. You have a gift!

    Kathy b

    ReplyDelete
  16. i feel like i was in another world http://nellyulima.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/ex-fool-iation/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pictures and words to match - great work putting is all into one package of beauty...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos and beautiful prose! Thank you, and I enjoyed it very much!
    Happy REDnesday and Happy 4th!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely photographs, great writing..

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great pairing of words and photos. I especially love the dresses turning into butterflies or maybe it's the other way around?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful words, and beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! I've seen these photos before and love how you incorporate them this way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a great read! i love the photos and the way you played with them through your beautiful prose. those butterfly images are the best.

    i'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete