Friday, February 4, 2011

Earthy Elegance: le chasseur de truffes

Reminiscent of the candelabra
that light the dining guest
On the eve of the first full moon
after the crocus bloom.


Evening flights and daytime rambles -
Here I am between two rhythms
The season approaches and it gives
me the greatest pleasure
The trees grow entangled
their brambles overlap
Where the thickens part,
I follow this path
I am returning
to the forsaken places of my loves.
Nimble, curious, resourceful
like the leprechaun
I obey the rules of the fairy tales
Outside a diminutive unmarked door
offers no sign to passerby
For the creator needs his privacy --
inside masses of dried grasses,
feathers and seedpods,
pine cones and pretty stones. 
What emerges from these
ominous roots and bulb
when they‘re at home?
They sleep and think
 I sleep and that
my awaking awakens them
 Their torpor condemns them
to taste nothing
but the musky organic
disregard of grace poetry
that is at our fingers tips.
The phantasmagoria of thirst
and lingering echoes
spurs me to dig deep into my past
Exposing all to see
I unearth a tuber – 
with its earth still clinging to it.

I draw closer to the terrible
mysteries of love,
by doing what I chose to do,
Now I know my rhythm
---The truffle hunter.---

Fin

Earthy Elegance: le chasseur de truffes

Reminiscent of the candelabra 
that light the dining guest 
on the eve of the first full moon
after the crocus bloom

Evening flights and daytime rambles -
Here I am between two rhythms
The season approaches and it gives 
me the greatest pleasure
 
The trees grow entangled 
their brambles overlap
Where the thickens part,
I follow this path
I am returning 
to the forsaken 
places of my loves.

Nimble, curious, resourceful
like the leprechaun
I obey the rules of the fairy tales --
Outside a diminutive unmarked door
offers no sign to passerby
For the creator needs his privacy --
inside masses of dried grasses,
feathers and seedpods,
pine cones and pretty stones. 

What emerges from these
ominous roots and bulb
when they‘re at home?
They sleep and think I sleep
and that my awaking awakens them 

Their torpor condemns them to taste
nothing but the musky organic
disregard of grace poetry 
that is at our fingers tips.

The phantasmagoria of thirst and lingering echoes
spurs me to dig deep into my past
I unearth a tuber– 
with its earth still clinging to it.
I draw closer
to the terrible mysteries of love,
Now I know my rhythm
---The truffle hunter.
Fin

photo credits: !- arredamento giardino epoca , tumblr #3 rodney smith girl in fog, #6  eugenio recunco-snow white, #7 tumblr-tree tureen,#9 truffle farmhand

31 comments:

  1. Hello Joanny

    It's always a pleasure to see such nice work, my compliments for that.

    Warm greetings from Holland, Joop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que des photos qui font rêver ou qui nous emmènent dans un monde irréel.
    Mais c'est très beau.
    Bon week-end, Joanny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. smiles...this is a delight to read...the terrible mysteries of love...great turn of a phrase....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, what fun, exploding with abundance! Rich treasures everywhere, in the words and the photos, in the design, diamonds dripping off your shoes! Glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words wrapped together in simple visions captured, combining their imagery into wonders of love. Nicely done.

    Thanks for stopping by place to browse for a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truffle hunter, huh? Fantastic! I'd give my right leg to be as talented as you are with words. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like espciellay the last verse, the surprising point

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing words and pictures Joanny.
    Wishing you a nice weekend.
    Greetings from Berit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The the Truffles :) and the hunter!

    Thank you girl there is never words enough to express how you make me feel when you make a visit to my place! Your words are a muse to what inspires new work in me.

    Thank you girl for reaching hearts through your words, not one poetic word out their can compete with yours.

    You are singing to our hearts.
    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  10. there's always so much romance and beauty in your words and pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joanny I hope my last comment went through.
    You inspire poetry beyond words.

    Thanks again for gracing my place of inspiring peaceful art.

    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing as always ! you know how i always love your works. this poem exudes dreamy fantasies and a certain melancholy mood that really grows inside me.
    you're an absolutely amazing poet, you know. i'm always in awe every time i come here
    keep up the good work !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful poem. Great read. Fantastic images.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post both in poetry and pics.

    Have a good week-end.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Evocative and nostalgic poem. Beautiful .... great selection of images, especially the first.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so gifted and weave such a spell with words...truffles, those deep in the ground and those chocolate sins, I like them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always catch me with your images and drift me through your magical words...

    BUT, I was jarred a bit with your ending. I liked it, but it made me laugh and shook me out of the romantic bliss I was gliding in. I have to go back and read again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wash over my spirit...tickle with light hearted raindrops at the end of a languid read..lol
    i so needed to be here today to linger about in familiarity~to be who i am and nothing more...for the moment....

    may your pen never be still dear Joanny ~!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Joanny...
    Thank You for visiting.
    I Loved your Porcine Poem.
    Tu es tres belle es tres joli.
    Merci Ma Chere

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such captivating art and the poem...
    The poem that encourages us to live in the light as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What emerges from these
    ominous roots and bulb
    when they‘re at home?
    They sleep and think I sleep
    and that my awaking awakens them

    Joanny...love this stanza with the photo you presented...perfection...lovely as always...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  22. Joanny, what a beautiful piece today. I'm taking the little pig's nose pic to keep beside me, I will smile & think of you each time I see it. xx's Mrsha

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful venture in nature."my awaking awakens them" - and it really is all in the rhythm.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That truffle seeking pig after all the beautiful words and pictures... ! :-) Yes, there are different understandings of a "truffle hunter"!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Creativity reigns supreme. Well done.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your support. I greatly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely post,
    nice words coupled with amazing images:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just to let you know I have a blog award for you over at mine blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. after looking at your pictures - i want to read a fairytail - thank you for sharing and giving me a brilliant idea - Well done

    ReplyDelete
  29. First I oooohhed and ahhhhed, then you made me laugh. You can weave a tale, girl! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Joanny so very beautiful. I adore the 'truffle hunter'! I do hope you had a good Valentines Day? If anything to treat ourselves to decadent treat! Sending you best wishes from Houston xx Deb

    ReplyDelete