Monday, October 25, 2010

Unguarded Moments - Mag 37

Outside stands the dark of night, 
a sexless lamppost dances 
in the mirror world of the water
gathered at its base, 
the bare branches of an old oak tree 
sways in the wind
to a perceptible movement of a wave 
of  wet damp air that breaks in and fills my lungs,
I am caught naked in an unguarded moment, 
the devil enters the chambers of my mind uninvited.
Like a wild animal being hunted as prey,
I toss and turn in my sleep, 
dreams of you are all I know.
In this dim light I  search every face, 
with your image fashioned in my mind,
 
A thousand possibilities stand outside
the darkness of my thoughts,
no one knows these dreams of mine, 
I carry my nemesis within me
  Bitter tears I have shed 
Yearning for your warm embrace, 
longing for you to come back to me,
My friends tell me 
-In time, this experience will fade, 
So in the end who was to blame?
An answer swiftly comes,
it is time to let go and move on. 

 UNGUARDED MOMENTS


 Outside my open window a sexless lamppost dances
in the mirror world  of the water gathered at its base,
the bare branches of an old oak  tree 
sways in the wind  to a perceptible  movement of a wave of  wet damp air
that breaks in and fills my  room , 
I am caught naked in an unguarded moment, 
the devil enters my chambers  uninvited.

Like a wild animal being hunted as prey, 
I toss and turn in my sleep,
dreams of you are all I know,
in this dim light I search every face, 
with your image fashioned in my mind,
A thousand possibilities stand outside the darkness of my thoughts, 
no one knows these dreams of mine, I carry my nemesis within me.

Bitter tears I have shed yearning for your warm embrace
longing for you to come back to me, 
my friends tell me -
In time, this experience will fade, 
So in the end who was to blame? 
An answer swiftly comes,
it is time to let go and move on. 
Fin
photo credits:  ffffound #1 barbara cole; #2 fffound unkn;#3, 4, 5, 6, ffffound tim walker; # 7 tess kincaid aka Willow