Thursday, March 17, 2011

Streaming Down Rain . . .


Faster and faster I walk
stealing a glance as I pass
the cold dark alley
piled high garbage
sat on by cats
with watchful night eyes.

Thinking doubt soaked thoughts
race through my mind
as I turn and make my way
toward 5th and Main,
stepping over side walk cracks
and side stepping deep puddles
with floating bits of refuse,

Silently I pause waiting
for the traffic light to change,
in a split second, violent gale winds
send spinning my umbrella
dancing down the street.


Rain soaked, barely breathing,
startled by my reflection,
the intimate connection
with silenced white face
dressed in expensive
store dressings,
passing unsettled.


Luminously livid skies,
gives way to a foggy night,
droplets shine
like silver beads blooming
under lit lamp posts,

A voice whispers my name,
drowns out the roar
of my heart pounding,
doubts departing
in the lovers embrace.
 
           FIN
   via photos tumblr

Streaming down rain
faster and faster I walk
stealing a glance as I pass
the cold dark alley
piled high garbage
sat on by cats
with watchful night eyes.

Thinking doubt soaked thoughts
race through my mind
as I turn and make my way
toward 5th and Main,
stepping over side walk cracks
and side stepping deep puddles
with floating bits of refuse,
silently I pause waiting
for the traffic light to change,
in a split second, violent gale winds
send spinning my umbrella
dancing down the street.

Rain soaked, barely breathing,
startled by my reflection,
the intimate connection
with silenced white faces
dressed in expensive
store dressings,
passing unsettled.

Luminously livid skies,
gives way to a foggy night,
droplets shine
like silver beads blooming
under lit lamp posts,
a voice whispers my name,
drowns out the roar
of my heart pounding,
doubts departing
in the lovers embrace.
           FIN
                                                                              

                                                                      

20 comments:

  1. Quelle belle histoire d'amour!
    Et avec ces photos, on est comme dans un film.
    Mais on voudrait connaître la suite....
    Merci pour cet agréable moment, Joanny!

    http://richardmoisan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully atmospheric words and pictures, Joanny. The first image draws you in completely - and then there really are "silver beads blooming" on the second photo down. Love visiting here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mixed emotions... fear despair and longing with a shiny hope of security in the embrace...
    Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo many good images here that just pull me in, love the rain, wind whipping the umbrells, and slent white faces dressed in expensive store clothes...and this "a voice whispers my name,
    drowns out the roar
    of my heart pounding" - just incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The knight in shining armor. Very nice. We have had our share of rain and the nights are soooo dark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Joany, the poem was excellent as were the pictures.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. powerful words woven between these beautiful images... a gorgeous combination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each of these photos is so special, incredibly beautiful...especially the first one. Like a painting. It's good to see your great work, Joanny.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joanny,
    it's always a pleasure to visit your blog, and this is no exception.
    Beautiful words and pictures.
    Wishing you a nice weekend.
    Greetings,
    Berit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joanny, haven't heard from you for such a long time! And finally another good job!
    This poem is what an every woman could think

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a romantic soul you are. Happy spring, friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow- great poem to go along with all our rain!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see your post, Joanny. I was wondering about you.

    This post almost rolled out like a scene from a film for me. This reminded me of many scenes from an assortment of films. Strange how garbage was almost transformed into a character in your frame.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice poem and lovely pictures,
    you now that your one of my favorites !!

    greetings and i wish you a lovely weekend Joanny.

    Joop

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely and charming, Joanny. Thank you! Seems we were both of the same mind the past few days.

    Poem on...

    ReplyDelete
  16. feels like forever since i have been over here joanny...sorry about that...i am glad this ended well as i thought it was heading somewhere else...andall is right in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice selection of images for an attractive garnish in the rain poem of great intensity. Catch from the beginning. Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh.. I am glad it's over..
    The fear stabs more times than any other demon!

    Very well writ Girl.. :)
    Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful words and images...beautiful writing.

    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness, I'm in awe. What totally fabulous photos. Totally inspirational Joanny and making me want to do better! The words are beautiful. I have that feeling - of fear, of dread, of hurry as I read them. Beautiful. You are SO talented...Lordy Miz Claudy...

    ReplyDelete