Thursday, March 24, 2011

HOPE!

 The Breath of cherry blossoms is carried along the wind 
I feel the coming of spring from the warm breeze,
while in the garden a windsock drips fog. 

Tenderly placing the kettle on the fire,
I sit down to rest and watch the steam rising, 
it fills the room gently with a warm mist.
Pretty purple flowers are arranged in the tokonoma
Woody incense cleanses the air 
while my mind roams through ancient realms,
  Absurdly moved, my life passes before me like a dream,
from my vantage point of a familiar place, 
the hills have hugged this shore for centuries
they never looked more lovelier then they did in that moment,


Overhead birds are unsettled in the trees, 
 feeling a sense of awe and anxiety  
water swells around the island and I try to be strong,
 

The smell of gyokuro tea, white rice, bamboo, and pine boards 
swirls about and engulfs me.
 
 All those years of work are erased in one moment,
it is beyond my wisdom why, 
the inherent exuberance of nature is to spill and squander
altering the old to the new,
 But where there is life there is hope, 
”even from the cliffs of despair”.
Sayonara

The Breath of cherry blossoms
is carried along the wind
I feel the coming of spring
from the warm breeze,
while a windsock drips fog.

Tenderly placing the kettle on the fire,
I sit down to rest and watch the steam rising,
it fills the room gently with a warm mist.
Pretty purple flowers are arranged in the tokonoma

Woody incense cleanses the air
while my mind roams through ancient realms,
absurdly moved, my life passes before me like a dream,
from my vantage point of a familiar place,
the hills have hugged this shore for centuries
they never looked more lovelier
then they did in that moment,
and will never look the same again.

Overhead birds are unsettled in the trees,
feeling a sense of awe and anxiety
water swells around the island and I try to be strong,
the smell of gyokuro tea, white rice, bamboo,
and pine boards swirls about and engulfs me.

All those years of work are erased in one moment,
it is beyond my wisdom why, 
the inherent exuberance of nature is to spill and squander 
altering the old to the new, but where there is life there is hope,
”even from the cliffs of despair”.
Sayonara

Japan is a special place and  my heart breaks for them now as they are in need,
 as do so many other nations affected by the recent quake.
Let's give them the love and support if you can. 
Listed below are a few places you can donate.to.
   

    * To donate to American Red Cross Relief, text REDCROSS to 90999
  
    * To donate to GlobalGiving, which focuses on “grassroots projects in the developing world,” text JAPAN to 5055
    * To donate to The Salvation Army, text JAPAN or QUAKE to 80888

    * Human Society International
http://www.hsi.org/news/news/2011/03/japan_aid_plan_031411.html

 Websites that are officially connected with the help for Japan:
      * Oxfam America - www.oxfamamerica.org

      * World Vision- www.worldvision.org

      * Catholic Relief Services - http://crs.org

 Every $1.00  help's  and that is what they need.

photo credits: 1st photo Japanese woman -Madame Butterfly; 4th woman in water-Yanire Smashing Magazine, 7th  woman in water Hatcher Smashing Magazine; 10th Woman with Red butterfly -Madame Butterfly; last photo, tumblr,  Willamette River, Portland Oregon, Sail Boat Willamette River, all others Japanese Tea house. quote from Anne M. Lindberg.

26 comments:

  1. Stunning marriage of words and pictures, as ever, Joanny - this time full of scents and water too, so poignantly done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanny, wonderful tribute to the people of Japan. the whole world is with them during this time of sorrow. But hope remains. The cycle of life will go on.

    Sometimes I feel pained that I cannot do much.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comme c'est joli, ce que tu écris là, Joanny! Ces mots coulent comme l'eau d'un petit torrent de montagne. Ces paroles calment et apportent la sérénité. J'ai envie de fermer les yeux...
    Bonne journée!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL as always, your great Joanny.

    Greetings and a very nice day,

    Joop

    ReplyDelete
  5. An excellent post very emotional but wonderful to read.

    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful and moving tribute to Japan, as you say, while there is life there is hope and together we help them not miss it. Greetings and a very nice day

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful tribute to the people of Japan Joanny.
    Have a nice evening.
    Greetings,
    Berit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your poem is gorgeous, serene, comforting...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This lovely tribute to our Japanese brothers and sisters Joanny is so beautiful and hope- full!
    Thanks for giving this situation a sweet,so serene ambiance and for the links
    You are a love, my dear
    Warm hugs

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post, full of serenity and peace. I love how you constructed this series of images and poetry. I love Japanese tea houses and the ceremony. Your Willamette River pics bring back good memories. Thanks for your kind comments (and idea) on your visit to my blog. Tomorrow, I pack for an assignment to Colombia -- so I'll be absent for a while. But I'll be back . . .
    With love,
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely hopeful relaxing helpful

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. pretty! showing the richness of this civilization

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent words for beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. joanny this is beautiful...a tribute...i pray for those affected often...and that the blossoms once more burst forth...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joanie, Those images are gorgeous. I love that kitchen. Your writing is very poignant. Sad and
    beautiful at the same time. This has been a bad news week. The Japan problem and Liz passing too. I have had a cymbidium Orchid for 8 years, it will not bloom. Got any thoughts?
    Sayonara
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cherry blossoms are a beautiful sight to behold! windsock drips fog - fabulous image! I had to google tokonoma...thanks for teaching me something today. My heart breaks for Japan. My BIL mother is native there, and have yet to reach her or hear of news of her. Horrible tragedy, and such heartache for those waiting to hear of loved ones.Poignant tribute. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So incredibly beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Joanny,
    My heart breaks for the people of Japan...and this post is so poignant...thank you for this.

    And also, thank you for visiting...It is so nice to meet you!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi beautiful Girl!!
    Joanny! You just amaze me with all you write and say!
    Thank you for the comment at my place and at Cindys Whimsycal musing, you fill my heart in so many ways, and to make a statement that my art is a poetic piece of inspiration amazes me!!

    Joanny, your inspiration to write is not from things around you, it is whats buried deep in your soulfulness, a soul that belongs to you and you alone.
    I often find many who inspire, but to inspire as you do is a special talent, you have a soul of its own.

    Thank you friend...I always wanted to be able to truly write, you inspire that in me :)
    You are a women to love!
    xoxo
    Your friend
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  20. PS. only you could send a message to our hearts for Japan through your writtings.

    Your a Heartfelt Poet.

    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  21. BLUSH!

    Thank you Dore @ Burlap Luxe, your signature delicate painting and creative spirit lives on in the poetry plaque I have in my home office, and inspires me to write more mindfully, which is a feat in itself.

    Thank you everyone for all your kind comments, it is wonderful that you take the time and read and leave a comment, a blessing really.

    Have a good week end everyone,
    joanny

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gracefully and kindly done, Joanny. Thanks for the leads on resources. The poem and the photos are lovely. I will send the link on to my son who also loves Japan, its people, and all things Japanese.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for this post!
    Wonderful words and images!
    My best regards!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just looking at your post and reading it is conductive to relaxation. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete