Monday, June 13, 2011

Writing that Great 21st century novel

"The notes I handle no better 
than many pianists. 
But the pauses between the notes—
ah, that is where the art resides." 
-Artur Schnabel, in Chicago Daily News, June 11, 1958.



French Connection Piano - Spring Summer 2011 
As I think about the pattern and rhythm 
of what I do I realize that I have a
lot of different selves in and out of blogging. 
I just spent the last couple of weeks
writing research papers, -- 
always the scientist, the scholar, 
the rational mind is well connected for me.
  However I also realize there is another dimension to myself that needs expression my feminine side that wants to sing and dance, 
pick flowers and getting around to writing
that great 21st century novel this year. 
Although, I have a confession as I grow--well older
I find that writing long winded research papers,
has sent both my mind and pen wandering 
and saying and writing less then more -- 
in the interlude
I found great freedom in writing poetry.   
 Fin
 
 
photo credits: 1st French Connection spring summer 2011
lady in white hat-rodney smith -
tumblr: lady at window; two roses in book; young woman with tree book; down the rabbit hole;woman in bookcase

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful Joanny, and I think we all have several dimensions inside us, and writing and taking pictures is some of them.
    Have a nice week.
    Greetings,

    Berit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour Joanny,

    Désolé, mais je ne peux plus écrire des commentaires sur ton blog. Cela ne fonctionne plus avec mon compte, ni avec Anonyme (qui ne s’affiche pas)... Je ne sais pas pourquoi.
    Mais je continuerai de te lire.
    Un gros bisou,
    Richard



    Bonjour Richard:
    mon ami et câlins bisous à vous - je ne sais pas ce qui se passe à goolge? sera par pour voir votre blog -

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found great freedom in writing poetry...excellent.

    Really like your blog site. Nice work J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we are glad that you explore those additional creative dimensions here--I read (well not write) too many research papers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah... it so happens with age wisdom and poetry
    Those you have for sure
    Beautiful Joanny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well said. I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your back! yay. I read The Day of Small Things on your reccomendation. It was pretty good. I've always been interested in Appalachian stories. My dad was Cherokee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no doubt that your are well rounded with deep corners! You can state it better than anybody. Write your heart out! XO, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonjour Joanny
    un havre de calme à tout ce que vous écrivez.
    Vous êtes l'un à l'amour, et vos nombreux mots d'être inspiré par.
    xoxo
    Dore


    ( a haven of calm to everything you write.
    You're one to love, and your many words to be inspired by.)
    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for leading me to the piano flick...puts me to shame...I couldn't even do chop sticks with my fingers!!!!! Yes writing research papers will send us to find the whimsical in life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I found great freedom in writing poetry"...nice.
    Whoever said poetry is dead needs their heads looked at!
    Love the images you chose to accompany this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, sing and dance too.

    The world needs balance ... and blogs!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not only note you write freely but that transmit through your poems. As always a large selection of images.

    ReplyDelete