Sunday, March 28, 2010

Magpie Tales # 7 - Reawakened Memories

Swirling and rolling around – before sunrise to a thousand stars in the sky
This color - I think you know the one I mean - yellow with a sweet perfume
The sun may be a little warmer today,
While I drink in the joy, for I dare not stop
Dizzy dancing and watching the icicles melt away
Swirling and rolling around –waking up our sleepy heads
Bend and shiver reaching out with ghostly arms to feel
The brush of a curious hummingbird-
whirling and twirling
Stealing our sweet perfume
To spring showers and crazy March winds
Going to bed in wet clothes
That will dry outside in the morning sun
Something of their sweetness reawakens memories 
of a long time ago
image from http://magpietales.blogspot.com/
For the pretty yellow daffodil will soon reach
the apex of its bloom.
That draws me near to them   
While we are all dizzy dancing in our heads    


Fin
Visit Magpie Tales to read what wonderful Tales other writers and poets have spun  using this photo prompt. http://magpietales.blogspot.com

27 comments:

  1. Poetry and motion....
    Have a nice day Joanny..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem, such flow and beauty in every line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, makes me want to be a daffodil. Beautifully and lyrically written. Not to mention the gorgeous photos, but...I will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a wonderful daffodil day Joanny...so glad Spring is finally here! XO Trish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring helps a lot when it comes to inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Dizzy dancing in our heads": I really like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very eloquent, loved all the motion and signs of spring.

    p.s. thank you for stopping by and reading. i'm glad you enjoyed my story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah how pretty. Have a fabulous Monday my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beauty indeed in words,it makes me so envious to read such works

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. spring makes us all a little dizzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think everything on Earth has Spring Fever right now. It's so nice. xx's Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Dizzy Dancing", I love it. Such wonderful words to accompany a grand photo fest. Spring, new life, fresh starts.

    Absolutely beautiful pictures, capturing the flow of spring with clarity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved those dewy wet clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice feeling -- drunk on spring, almost. I like your photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with Willow: I loved "going to bed with wet clothes"! Good work! Good photos too!
    Magpie Daffodil

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved the unfolding daffodil photos you added to your lyrics...I was going to comment about going to bed with wet clothes too but see others have; that part made me shiver. A beautiful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful Joanny - it really captures the headiness of spring - and the daffodil!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved the dizzy dancing in our heads line!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a place I want to be ..dancing with the abandon of springtime!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can see them...swirling and twirling in the wind...dizzy dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Going to bed in wet clothes! Oh to be a daffodil! That was really very good Joanny - a whirlwind of movement

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great meditation on this Magpie prompt Joanny. I agree that the intensity of sunlight and colour can lead to dizzy dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. There is nothing that shows us that hope spring eternal than the splash of daffodils on a gloomy early spring day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that part: "going to bed in wet clothes that will dry out..." Your poem is so great! I am constantly amazed at the talent that I see in all of these! I think you posted a comment on my blog but Blogger ate it. If it was you, I'm sorry. Didn't get to read some of it but I think that you asked me if my header is my yard. Yes...my backyard with my (used to be) studio. My husband "stole" it from me for his radio stuff. I moved my art stuff upstairs where it's warmer. Smaller but warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  25. dizzy dancing on our heads...its spring! wonderful magpie...

    ReplyDelete