Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Very Special Day!


 From a long standing tradition January 6th, is the twelfth day of Christmas possibly originating with the ancient Romans, called the Epiphany. In my family, this was also the last day for the Christmas tree and the time to take it down.  This year I did not put up a 'big' tree -- but I did have my little table topper tree.





















Each year I use different flowers dried  from my garden.  This year I used pink tea roses, and sprayed the roses giving them a little extra blush and sprayed some of the leaves gold and infilled with moss and babies breath. Next year I think I will use dried red peonies and dried white gardenia's.  This day is also very special and dear to my heart for it was the day my son was born, twenty-two years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment