Monday, December 21, 2009

My mother told me "There'll be days like this!"

When I would be flying by the seat of my pants --My mother would tell me "do not fret it will be alright --by the grace of God - everything will fall into place and  an angel will  be there for you."  Sometimes it just takes team work.


It is the school holiday break  and my son needs to go to the dentist for his wisdom teeth extractions. Yes I am afraid more then one.
My son never had any dental problems before -- just check ups and teeth cleanings, so he really does not know what to expect.  When he asked me -- I said  "I promise -- you will not feel a thing  the dentist will be as  gentle with you as a  cuddly kitten."


The truth of the matter is I really do not like having my teeth xrayed  -- that nasty mouth piece always makes me nervous and  I want to spit it right back out at the dentist. Truthfully - I believe I make the dentist nervous.


The exam is the easy part -- over in no time at all.  Just a look see a little farther in there. . . .Open WIDER pleeze. . . . . . .

When it is all done he will be able to eat that Holiday Candy bar  with out all that pain he has been having, lately---  With only one hitch --  he will have to  convince his 'best friend'  to share.

No we do not give our dog(s) chocolate.  And no animal was harmed in making this picture blog.....just like in the movies.

However you celebrate this holiday season, or you may not --  according to your beliefs -- which is all good,  but remember compassion for each other and our furry and feather friends is the best way to celebrate any day. Be kind! And remember those in need.  Like my  mama use to say -- do not waste anything - even a spoonful or two will feed a  hungry critter...

 Or a few crumbs will feed our feather friends


We do not have to look alike ...or even belong to the same family . . . It is all about sharing...

and caring for one another. .

And love!



Photo taken at Kelly's alpaca farm -- two hours old alpaca - -  from the dowsers daughter
all other images from google
I have to go  -- things to do ---places yet to go -- off in gallop with my 'best friend' at my side!






2 comments:

  1. Bonjour Joanny,
    Wonderful post! I love all those critters!
    Hope your son doesn't have to go before Christmas.
    I wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and may all your dreams come true in 2010!
    Bisou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon Soir Mon Ami,
    Your writing is both compelling and thought provoking. You move the emotion in my heart. This will be an absolute delight to read the future blogs.
    A'Bientot
    JON

    ReplyDelete